I saw a recipe for Taco casserole that sounded really good. They put Bisquick over the taco flavored ground beef that they put 2 envelolpes of taco seasoning in. I think corn bread would be good, also to use in place of the Bisquick.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 to 3 cups chopped lettuce
- 3/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 10-12 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Add taco seasoning and prepare according to package directions. Spoon meat into a greased 13×9-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk. Stir in biscuit mix and pepper. Pour over meat. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5-10 minutes.
- 3. Spread sour cream over top; sprinkle with lettuce, tomato, green pepper, onions and cheese.
Freeze option: Cool baked casserole; cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap casserole; reheat on a lower oven rack until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Cool for 5-10 minutes, then top as directed. Yield: 8 servings.